Austin FIT coaches are ready and here for you to start your training! For any program or season, these coaches will help prepare you for your race!
Austin FIT Fall Coaches
Organizer/Jump Start-10K Group Head Coach
- Years Running: 20+
- Years with Austin Fit: 15
- Ultra Marathons: 1
- Number of Marathons: 25
- Half Marathons: 10 plus
- Favorite Race: USA Fit Resolution Race
- Goal – Help anyone willing to meet their training goals! She'd also like to run a full or half marathon in all 50 states
Linda is a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) through NASM who enjoys the art of fitness. Linda coordinates a local boot camp in her community and is always amazed at how people become receptive to exercise by simply being exposed to it.
Linda is a Personal Trainer at UT – Division of Recreational Sports and a Professor at Huston Tillotson University where she enjoys working with students and assisting them in reaching their academic pursuits.
Linda ran track in high school and continued to run in her adult years, but never really considered herself a runner until joining Austin Fit. Prior to joining Austin Fit, she ran her first 13.1 miles in 1997; thereafter, Linda ran mainly 5Ks and 10Ks. She started running marathons in 2005 and has now run about 15 marathons and11 half marathons.
Linda takes much pleasure in coaching runners and helping our members get to the finish line of whatever race they desire. The distance she enjoys running most is a 10K. Her most exciting run is the 3M half marathon. Linda’s most challenging runs are any runs (short or long) in hot weather.
Yellow Group Full/Half Marathon (8:45 to 9:59)
- Years Running: 18
- Number of Marathons- 2. Austin Full Marathon 2014 and Marine Corps Marathon 2015
- Number of Half Marathons: 20
- Favorite Races: 3M Half Marathon, Run for the Water 10 Miler and Marine Corps Marathon
- Favorite Distance: Half Marathon
- My Goal: To share my passion of running with others and help them to achieve their running goals. To maybe run one more marathon by age 60.
I started running while serving in the Marine Corps, but not for fun or for a goal. It was required haha. After I finished my tour of duty, I continued running for two more years, then quit running for 20 years. In 2007 for therapy and to get healthier, I took up the sport again.
Throughout this running journey, I have achieved what I set out to do and now wish to share my passion to help others reach their goals.
I feel that running for a goal should be both challenging as well as fun. It is about getting it done and the camaraderie that comes with it.
Yellow Group Half Marathon (9:00 to 9:59)
- Years Running: 20+
- Years with Austin Fit: 9
- # Marathons = 1; # Half Marathons = 15
- Favorite Race: 3M
- Goal: Have fun, keep in shape as I get older and help others to experience and enjoy running!
Brett has coached for seven years with Austin Fit and has been running much of his life. He ran cross country and track in high school and loved the camaraderie and sense of team accomplishment. Brett’s father, Jon, is his running inspiration and a long-time cross-country coach. Running with his dad, Brett completed his first marathon in Wichita, KS. Since that time, he has completed several half marathons and has fallen in love with that distance. After a couple years off, Brett is excited to be back coaching.
Red Group Head Coach (Full Marathon 10:00 to 10:59 Pace)
- Years with Austin Fit: 4
- Number of half and/or full marathons: 9
- Ultra: 1
- Goal: Run a half or full marathon in every state
- Favorite Race: Dublin Half Marathon
Marzi's story begins with a challenge from a friend ....1000 mile in a year ...challenge accepted !! She did that in 2016! She also joined Austin Fit in 2016 and haven’t stopped since! Marzi maintains, she's now addicted
Red Group Half Marathon (10:00 to 10:29 Pace)
- Years Running: 1+
- Years with Austin Fit: 1
- Number of Half Marathons: 2
- Favorite Race: Huntsville Hoka 50
- Goal – Become a stronger runner and help others achieve their running goals.
I started running because the lady I wanted to date ran marathons. She, along with my sister challenged me to do Hell's Hills Trail run - Hell's Hills was my first race. I now have the running bug. With 15 plus races later and a wife, I'm ready to help others reach their running goals.
Red Group Half Marathon (10:30 to 10:59 Pace)
- Years running: 13
- Number of Half Marathons: 6
- Number of Full Marathons: 6
- Favorite Race: Rock N Roll New Orleans Full Marathon
- Goals: To continue my running journey
Meagan started running in her twenties to create a healthier lifestyle and make friends that like to play outside. Her first race was a turkey trot with friends, three months later she ran a 15k, and within the same year decided to train for a half and then a full marathon. She helped coach in 2015 and is super excited to join the coaching team again this year.
Orange Group Head Coach (full marathon 11:00 – 11:59 Pace)
- Years Running: 25+
- Years with Austin Fit: 3
- Number of half-marathons: 15
- Number of full-marathons: 3
- Favorite Race: San Antonio R&R Half
- Goals: Improve full-marathon finish time and finish races feeling stronger
Desirae started running in 1993 and, after finding running buddies about ten years ago, began doing full- and half-marathons. She’s completed all of her races alongside her running tribe. It is this encouragement and support she wishes to share with her fellow Austin Fitters.
Orange Group Half Marathon (11:00 to 11:29 Pace)
- Years Running: 20
- Years with Austin Fit: 10+
- Number of Marathons: 8
- Half Marathons: 11
- Favorite Race: Big Sur Marathon, MCM Marathon
- Goal: Complete the training season injury free and help someone cross the finish line.
Kim first joined Austin Fit in 2001 to support her friend with training to run a marathon, then caught the bug herself. She doesn't believe there is a better way to decompress than to explore Austin on foot with new and old friends while talking about food. She has made peace with the hills of Austin realizing they are unavoidable. As much as Kim loves to watch everyone reach their goal of running a half or full marathon, she loves even more the journey each training season brings, shared by a community of positive runners and lots of laughter.
Orange Group Half Marathon (12:00 to 13:00 Pace)
- Years Running or Walking: 17
- Years with Austin Fit: 2
- # of Marathons or Half Marathons: 7 Full Marathons and 50+ Half Marathons
- Favorite Race: LA Marathon
- Goal (can be coaching or personal exercise related): Feel better and stronger 💪
Valorie picked up running after college. Her and a co-worker at the time, signed up for a 5k and it was that race that sparked her passion for it. The two of them decided the next day to sign up for a half marathon. Then came the training and the runners highs followed suit. After 20+ half's Valorie decided it was time to try a full. She loved the finish line adrenaline and sense of accomplishment that came with these events. She's since gotten married, had two children, and now has decided that she IS going to be a runner again. 2021 is when she joined AustnFit and now she feels like this community is the perfect motivation to stay active and build long runner relationships with.
Orange Group Full Marathon (12:00 to 13:00 Pace)
- Years running – 11
- Number of Marathons – 5
- Number of Ultra Marathons – 10+
- Favorite Races – Berlin Marathon (Germany), J&J Reunion 25k (Camp Eagle, TX)
- Goals: Make the orange group a fun and welcoming group!
Roni grew up in Germany and hated running in school. Afterwards she made several attempts to start to run for fitness reasons, but always struggled to reach the ‘3 mile’ goal. In 2011, she moved to Texas and within a month gained about 15 pounds (drive everywhere, humongous portions of unhealthy food, you know it.) Something needed to change quickly, and she remembered her old running shoes and discovered Austin Fit’s Sister Group Fort Bend Fit in the Houston area.
The sign-up confirmation mail promised a change of life and boy was it right. She discovered that the key to running is running at your own pace – whatever that is and how many walk-breaks it takes, while having the encouragement and camaraderie of a weekly running group. A half year later she ran her first half marathon and a year later her first trail 25k.
From there it’s history. Several marathons and Ultramarathons followed with her biggest love being the ‘trails’. In spring 2019, she joined Austin Fit and is looking forward to coach the orange group.
Jump Start / 10K (11:00 to 13:00 Pace)
Walk Fit Head Coach (18+ Pace)
- Years running – 30+
- Number of Marathons - 1 Ultra Marathon and 8 Marathons
- Number of Half Marathons - 40+
- Favorite Races - Cap 10K, Alamo 13.1
Running has always been a part of Brenda's life. She has been running since she was 12 and participated in cross country and long distance track in middle and high school. Having run too many 5Ks and 10Ks to count over the years, Brenda joined the USA FIT program in 2015 to help meet her goal of "someday running a marathon without dying." She has been hooked on long distance races ever since.
Walking Half Marathon (16:00 to 18:00 Pace)
- Years Running-- 20+
- Number of half marathons--8
- Favorite Races-Cap 10K, Run for the Water, 3M Half, Austin Half
- I have run over 100 races from 5K to half marathon
I started running regularly when in college to stay in shape while playing on the Ultimate Frisbee team. While I didn’t continue frisbee, I have been running ever since. I got started running distance races in Northern Virginia. Seven years ago I moved to Austin, found Austin Fit, and I’ve been a Saturday morning regular ever since, both running and walking.
Walking Half Marathon (16:00 to 18:00 Pace)
- Half Marathons 16
- Austin 10/20 (10 mile) 5
- Distance Challenge 5
- Goals: Keep walking and make new friends
I began walking with AustinFit in 2009. I wanted to get moving by walking with a group and train for the Austin Half Marathon. Through the walking program, I became more fit and made some lifelong friends. We met each Saturday morning and planned social activities as well. Austin Fit makes it easier to walk the long distances because I know my walking friends will be there for me each Saturday.