Austin FIT coaches are ready and here for you to being your training! For any program or season, these coaches will help prepare you for any race!
Austin FIT Fall Coaches
Organizer/Orange Group Head Coach
- Years Running: 20+
- Years with Austin Fit: 15
- Ultra Marathons: 1
- Number of Marathons: 25
- Half Marathons: 10 plus
- Favorite Race: USA Fit Resolution Race
- Goal – Help anyone willing to meet their training goals! She'd also like to run a full or half marathon in all 50 states
Linda is a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) through NASM who enjoys the art of fitness. Linda coordinates a local boot camp in her community and is always amazed at how people become receptive to exercise by simply being exposed to it.
Linda is a Personal Trainer at UT – Division of Recreational Sports and a Professor at Huston Tillotson University where she enjoys working with students and assisting them in reaching their academic pursuits.
Linda ran track in high school and continued to run in her adult years, but never really considered herself a runner until joining Austin Fit. Prior to joining Austin Fit, she ran her first 13.1 miles in 1997; thereafter, Linda ran mainly 5Ks and 10Ks. She started running marathons in 2005 and has now run about 15 marathons and11 half marathons.
Linda takes much pleasure in coaching runners and helping our members get to the finish line of whatever race they desire. The distance she enjoys running most is a 10K. Her most exciting run is the 3M half marathon. Linda’s most challenging runs are any runs (short or long) in hot weather.
Organizer/Green-Yellow Group Head Coach: 9:30 to 9:59 Full Marathon
- Years Running: 15+
- Years with Austin Fit: 12
- Ultra Marathons: 1
- Number of Marathons: 22
- Half Marathons: 2
- Favorite Race: Los Angeles Stadium to Sea
- Goal – Continue running as much in future as I can.
Satwinder has been running marathons since 2005. Before getting into long distances, he has always enjoyed running, earlier short distances. He has been with Austin Fit since 2008. He has run 13 marathons, mostly Austin, and in Los Angeles, Long Beach, Nashville, Sacramento, Dallas and San Antonio. Favorite race was Los Angeles, running with my sister, and seeing so many well known places along the course. He enjoys running with the group, and coaching along the way. Besides passing on the running enthusiasm to others, his goal is to see everyone in his group finish the race strong. He believes almost anyone who has some interest, can get trained and finish a marathon.
Green Group Full Marathon Coach (8:30 & below)
Yellow Group Half Marathon Coach: 9:00 – 9:59
Red Group Head Coach: 10:00 to 10:29 Full Marathon
- Years with Austin Fit: 4
- Number of half and/or full marathons: 9
- Ultra: 1
- Goal: Run a half or full marathon in every state
- Favorite Race: Dublin Half Marathon
Marzi's story begins with a challenge from a friend ....1000 mile in a year ...challenge accepted !! She did that in 2016! She also joined Austin Fit in 2016 and haven’t stopped since! Marzi maintains, she's now addicted
Red Group Half Marathon (10:00-10:29)
Red Group Full Marathon Assistant Coach (10:30 – 10:59)
- Years running – 11
- Years with HoustonFit - 4
- Years with AustinFit - 2
- Number of Half Marathons - 13
- Number of Full Marathons - 3
- Favorite Race - TIR (Texas Independence Relay - 200 miles)
- Goals - run Melbourne Full Marathon 2021 with old running mate:).
Also, to complete a few trail Half Marathons 2021/2022.
Liz starting the path of running to learn how to take care of herself by enjoying the emotional and physical benefits at the age of 37. She never looked back even when there were breaks in her running regimen, her heart and mind are always envisioning the next great “run”. She is originally from H-town so she has done many races with Chevron Houston, Fulls and Half’s and 5k’s.
She will tell you many heartfelt stories on how HoustonFit changed her life for a monumental positive which includes fun running trips and the best running crew and running mate a girl could have.
She’s excited to be part of the Fit Family again by joining AustinFit.
She loves to say, “the best is yet to come!”
Red Group Half Marathon Assistant Coach (10:30 – 10:59)
- Years Running: 17
- Number of Marathons- 2 Austin Full Marathon 2014 and Marine Corps Marathon 2015
- Number of Half Marathons: 16
- Favorite Races: 3M Half Marathon, Run For the Water 10 Miler and Marine Corps Marathon
- Favorite Distance: Half Marathon
- My Goal: To share my passion of running with others and help them to achieve their running goals. To maybe run one more marathon by age 60.
I started running while serving in the Marine Corps and quit running when my tour of duty ended., I took up running again in 2007 for therapy and to get healthier. Throughout this running journey, I have achieved what I sent out to do and now wish to share my passion to help reach their goals. I feel that running for a goal should be both challenging as well as fun. It,\'s about getting it done and the camaraderie that comes with it.
Full Marathon Orange Group (11:00 – 11:29)
Orange Group Half Marathon: 11:00-11:29
- # of Years Running: 10 years
- # of Years with Austin Fit: 9 years
- # of Full or Half Marathons: 8 half marathons
- Favorite race - Notre Dame Holy Half: Two 6-mile’ish loops around the beautiful Notre Dame campus and it was cold but sunny!
- Member of the Texas Beef Team – Go Beef!
I am very excited to be back coaching at Austin Fit this fall and look forward to meeting some new runners! After training for the 2012 Cap10K with some Austin Fit coaches, they encouraged me to try Austin Fit and to do a half marathon. Up until that point, I hadn't run longer than 7 miles, and I ran my first half marathon (San Antonio Rock n’ Roll) in 2012. That first summer of training, I made many great running friends who shared my passion and every year I enjoy meeting new runners. I am so grateful for all the people I have met in Austin Fit over the years and am excited to once again coach!
Orange Group Full Marathon (11:30 - 11:29)
Orange Group Half Marathon (11:30-11:59)
Orange Group Full Marathon (12:00 - 13:00)
Purple Group Half Marathon Coach (15+)
- Years running: 16
- Years with Austin Fit: 16
- Number of Half Marathons: 18
- Favorite Races: 3M ½ Marathon
- 2020-21 Goal: To help her walkers get to the start line so they can cross that finish line.
Rita started doing triathlons in 2001. As a way to stay in shape during the winter months, she joined Austin Fit in 2004. After finding out just how friendly Austin Fit people are, she was hooked. The next year she started coaching. Rita loves to help her walkers prepare for their first ½ marathon or their 10th ½ marathon. She believes that finishing the race is winning the race.
“The voice inside your head that says you can’t do this is a liar.”
Walking Coach Half Marathon: 16 to 17
Walking Coach: 18 to 20+
- Years running or walking: 6
- Years with Austin Fit: 5
- Number of half marathons: 4
- Favorite Race: Cap10k
- Goal: To stay fit and able to walk a half marathon
After years of delay and excuses, Heather finally picked up her shoes and went out for her first run in 2016. "I can do anything for a minute!" she told herself. Little did she know that with the help of Austin Fit, she'd be able to run and walk half marathons - four and counting! "If I can do it, anyone can!" is her mantra. Come join us and let's walk this city together!