Austin FIT coaches are ready and here for you to start your training! For any program or season, these coaches will help prepare you for your race!
Austin FIT Spring Coaches
SPRING HEAD COACH (9:30 to 9:59)
- Years Running: 20+
- Years with Austin Fit: 10+
- Number of Half Marathons: 13+
- Favorite Race: Diva Race Half Marathon in VAIL
- Goal: Complete Texas Tri Series and 6 half marathons in one season
Sandy has been running off and on for over 15 years. One of the reason she loves to coach for Austin Fit is the amazing people she gets to meet year after year. Sandy thrives on the contagious enthusiasm of someone training for there very first 1/2 Marathon and watching them attain that goal. It is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have.
SPRING HALF MARATHON (9:30 & below)
SPRING HALF MARATHON (10:00 - 10:29)
- Years with Austin Fit: 6
- Half marathon: 11
- Full marathon: 2
- Ultra: 1
- Favorite Race: Doublin Half
- Goal: Do a race ( either half or full) in every state .
Marzi's story begins with a challenge from a friend ....1000 mile in a year ...challenge accepted !! She did that in 2016! She also joined Austin Fit in 2016 and haven’t stopped since! Marzi maintains, she's now addicted.
SPRING HALF MARATHON (11:00 - 11:29)
- Years running - Since I was 9
- Number of Marathons - 3
- Number of Half Marathons - A LOT.
- Favorite Races - Decker, Resolution Races, the Austin Marathon, etc.
- Goals - Fitness for more than just weight management.
Endorphins are important to everyone! I began running at a really young age because it helped me clear my mind. Even though I didn't get many awards when I was running track, I was able to run further than anyone else on the team. I continued to run 5K's and long distances, and eventually Marathons. Now I can say I have run three marathons, and I have enjoyed making new friends with my teammates. I love to hear their intentions in their races, and I look forward to getting to know more runners and their stories as well!
SPRING HALF MARATHON (11:30 TO 11:59)
Years Running: 25+
Years with Austin Fit: 1.5
Number of half-marathons: 15
Number of full-marathons: 3
Favorite Race: San Antonio R&R Half
Goals: Improve full-marathon finish time and finish races feeling stronger
Desirae started running in 1993 and, after finding running buddies about ten years ago, began doing full- and half-marathons. She’s completed all of her races alongside her running tribe. It is this encouragement and support she wishes to share with her fellow Austin Fitters.
Spring Half Marathon (12:00 to 13:00)
- Years Running: 14
- Years with Austin Fit: 13
- Marathons: 1
- Half Marathons: 39
- Favorite Distance: Half Marathon
- Favorite Race:3M Half Marathon
- Goal: to run with friends - old and new
- to be able to continue to run until I’m 100
- to get another marathon under my belt
Jump Start/10K program
- Years Running: 18
- Number of Marathons- 2. Austin Full Marathon 2014 and Marine Corps Marathon 2015
- Number of Half Marathons: 20
- Favorite Races: 3M Half Marathon, Run for the Water 10 Miler and Marine Corps Marathon
- Favorite Distance: Half Marathon
- My Goal: To share my passion of running with others and help them to achieve their running goals. To maybe run one more marathon by age 60.
I started running while serving in the Marine Corps, but not for fun or for a goal. It was required haha. After I finished my tour of duty, I continued running for two more years, then quit running for 20 years. In 2007 for therapy and to get healthier, I took up the sport again.
Throughout this running journey, I have achieved what I set out to do and now wish to share my passion to help others reach their goals.
I feel that running for a goal should be both challenging as well as fun. It is about getting it done and the camaraderie that comes with it.
Spring Walking Coach (15 plus)
Years walking (running) - 18
Number of Marathons - 2
Number of Half Marathons - 50+
Favorite Races - White Rock Marathon and Portland Half
Goal - To continue completing half marathons
Bring a pre-Title lX Boomer, there were no girls’ sports in high school. Fast forward 28 years, I joined USA Fit in Dallas, got my first taste of walking races, and I absolutely loved it. I’ve been an assistant coach in Dallas, Cypress, and now, Austin. The comradarie, fitness, and lasting friendships have made an indelible mark on my life. It’s the best program. If I can do it, you CAN, too!
Spring Walking Coach (17 to 18)
- Years running – 30+
- Number of Marathons - 1 Ultra Marathon and 8 Marathons
- Number of Half Marathons - 40+
- Favorite Races - Cap 10K, Alamo 13.1
Running has always been a part of Brenda's life. She has been running since she was 12 and participated in cross country and long distance track in middle and high school. Having run too many 5Ks and 10Ks to count over the years, Brenda joined the USA FIT program in 2015 to help meet her goal of "someday running a marathon without dying." She has been hooked on long distance races ever since.